Call Today for A Consultation


Due to a rise in Covid-19 cases, our office is physically closed. We are currently offering consultations and meetings by telephone or video. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions.

More Than 3 Decades of Collective Experience

Facing Divorce or other family law matters? We can help!

Modifications & Parental Relocation Attorneys in Melbourne, FL

Modifying Settlements, Agreements and Judgments throughout Brevard County

Even the most well-crafted and comprehensive divorce settlement or judgment may need to be modified after your case is finalized, simply because your needs and your children’s needs can change over time. At the Figueroa Law Group, P.A., we have the in-depth knowledge and experience it takes to successfully modify your divorce settlement.

Contact us online or call (321) 248-1011 to learn more about your options for modifications.

Reasons for Modifications

There are many reasons why it may be necessary to modify your divorce or paternity judgment. For example, you may move to a new state, get a new job, or face unforeseen financial changes as a result of health or job loss. You may also want to revisit aspects of your parenting plan or time-sharing arrangement.

Our dedicated and experienced attorneys can work closely with you to identify your desired changes and then advance your needs through the legal system. We will keep you informed every step of the way and do everything we can to see that your divorce or paternity judgment is fair and realistic based on your current circumstances.

Prepared to Litigate

Naturally, it is quicker, simpler, and more affordable to settle any post-divorce modifications outside of court. Our modification lawyers in Melbourne, FL can assist you in negotiating a modification settlement.

Unfortunately, there are situations where an ex-spouse can be unreasonable and unwilling to make fair and appropriate changes. If this happens, we are prepared to aggressively pursue your rights in court so that your interests and those of your children are respected and protected.

Parental Relocation

Sometimes, one parent needs to relocate their principal residence more than 50 miles from their current residence. Parental relocation may be granted with the consent of the other parent or by an order from the court. If there is no consent, a proper petition must be filed with the court to request relocation. The court can also allow or prohibit a relocation on a temporary basis under certain circumstances.

At a final hearing, the court will evaluate specific factors, including, but not limited to:

  • The proposed new residence
  • The time-sharing schedule if the relocation is allowed
  • The objecting parent’s current involvement in the lives of the children

At the Figueroa Law Group, P.A., we have handled many cases of parental relocation and know the requirements to competently represent you whether you are trying to relocate or you are seeking to prohibit relocation.

Contact us at (321) 248-1011 today.

Client Testimonials

Providing Support for Our Clients in Their Time of Need
Prospective Client
Read More
We called in desperation and hung up with satisfaction.
Read More
You protected us from the harm false accusations would have brought our family.
Britney D.
Read More
I got the most professional treatment!
Former Client
Read More
Attorney Figueroa has carefully selected staff that enjoy their jobs. It comes across in the way they have treated me and all those that are a part of my dissolution of marriage.
Former Client
Read More
I was in a battle for my children with an ex-husband with a bottomless wallet & the best attorney in his town. Well, I got the best attorney in my town with Diana. She listened, referenced law books, looked over all the documents I took to her.
Joseph M.
Read More
I met Diana Figueroa approximately a year and 1/2 ago when we both joined a national group of like-minded attorneys. During that time I had the opportunity to meet with Diana on a regular basis.
Haley S.
Read More
I cannot express how thankful I am.
Greg B.
Read More
She is the number one attorney.
Dayne S.
Read More
I would recommend to anyone having issues.
Sharletta H.
Read More
The attorneys and entire staff are professional and very nice.
Sharletta H. The attorneys and entire staff are professional and very nice. Mary
Read More
A professional who will champion your case
Read More
Professionalism, knowledge, detail oriented and care to areas of concern are the qualities why I chose Diana Figueroa Law Firm.
Kyle S.
Read More
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Figueroa Law Group!
John W.
Read More
Others don't come close to the service received at Figueroa Law Group
Read More
They know what they are doing.

Facing Divorce or other family law matters? We can help!