Call Today for A Consultation


Due to a rise in Covid-19 cases, our office is physically closed. We are currently offering consultations and meetings by telephone or video. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions.

More Than 3 Decades of Collective Experience

Facing Divorce or other family law matters? We can help!

Melbourne, FL Paternity Lawyers

Resolving Paternity Issues in Florida

Whether you are seeking to legally establish the father of your child or to prove that you are the rightful father of your child, Florida paternity issues are complex. These cases must be handled properly to avoid mistakes that can have profound and long-term consequences.

At the Figueroa Law Group, P.A., our experienced Melbourne, FL paternity lawyers can help you deal with complicated and sensitive issues, including those that involve:


  • Establishing paternity
  • Establishing parental responsibility and time-sharing
  • Crafting a parenting plan and a time-sharing plan
  • Calculating child support
  • Determining health insurance and out-of-pocket medical expenses
  • Determining responsibility for daycare expenses
  • Obtaining tax-dependent exemptions

The paternity process establishes legally binding rights and obligations. Our firm has the in-depth experience to successfully guide you through this process and advocate for the interests of both you and your child.

Contact us at (321) 248-1011 to request a consultation.

Proving or Contesting Paternity

When handling a paternity case, we take great care to prioritize our client’s needs and goals. Our Melbourne, FL paternity attorneys take the time to get to know you and listen to your story so that we can better develop our approach.

If you’re seeking to prove paternity, we can help you:

  • Establish reasonable child support
  • Obtain shared parental responsibilities
  • Obtain a court order or negotiate a time-sharing plan with your child’s other biological parent
  • Have your name listed on your child’s birth certificate
  • Have your name listed on all school forms and legal documents on behalf of your child

If you’re seeking to contest paternity, we can help you:

  • Obtain testing to support the contested paternity
  • Ensure that you do not unnecessarily pay child support
  • End your legal responsibilities to a child if he or she is not your biological son or daughter

We understand that paternity issues can be emotional, stressful, and complex. Our caring attorneys are here to make the process clear and straightforward so that you can continue moving forward and building your new life.

Discuss your case with us by calling (321) 248-1011.

Client Testimonials

Providing Support for Our Clients in Their Time of Need
Prospective Client
Read More
We called in desperation and hung up with satisfaction.
Read More
You protected us from the harm false accusations would have brought our family.
Britney D.
Read More
I got the most professional treatment!
Former Client
Read More
Attorney Figueroa has carefully selected staff that enjoy their jobs. It comes across in the way they have treated me and all those that are a part of my dissolution of marriage.
Former Client
Read More
I was in a battle for my children with an ex-husband with a bottomless wallet & the best attorney in his town. Well, I got the best attorney in my town with Diana. She listened, referenced law books, looked over all the documents I took to her.
Joseph M.
Read More
I met Diana Figueroa approximately a year and 1/2 ago when we both joined a national group of like-minded attorneys. During that time I had the opportunity to meet with Diana on a regular basis.
Haley S.
Read More
I cannot express how thankful I am.
Greg B.
Read More
She is the number one attorney.
Dayne S.
Read More
I would recommend to anyone having issues.
Sharletta H.
Read More
The attorneys and entire staff are professional and very nice.
Sharletta H. The attorneys and entire staff are professional and very nice. Mary
Read More
A professional who will champion your case
Read More
Professionalism, knowledge, detail oriented and care to areas of concern are the qualities why I chose Diana Figueroa Law Firm.
Kyle S.
Read More
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Figueroa Law Group!
John W.
Read More
Others don't come close to the service received at Figueroa Law Group
Read More
They know what they are doing.

Facing Divorce or other family law matters? We can help!